Center of excellence: diabetes, nephrology, obesity
How are the diabetes, kidney disease and obesity connected with each other?
They coincide and are partly mutually dependent:
- Over 90% of all diabetics are overweight or obese.
- In up to 70% of cases, diabetes and high-pressure can lead to dialysis.
- Obesity is an enormous risk factor for diabetes and renal insufficiency.
- In the case of weight reduction, the diabetes is improved, if the weight increases the disease worsens.
- Diabetic kidney disease is one of the most serious complications of diabetes.
- Diabetes, obesity, and kidney disease are a high risk factors for cardiovascular disease.
- Renal disease flows significantly less favorable and faster in case of obesity.
- The risk of kidney damage is doubled in case of obesity.
That is why we combine the therapies!
What does the MediClin Staufenburg clinik offer?
- A diabetologicum approved and certified by the DDG.
- The largest in the southwest Germany aftercare center for chronic renal disease and renal transplantation.
- A specialized metabolism department for weight loss.
- A competence center for rehabilitation in the area of nephrology and hypertension.
For whom is stationary rehabilitation suitable?
- Patients who have difficulty controlling their glucose or their weight, with increased insulin needs, or with apparent complications of diabetes.
- Patients who, despite intensive outpatient therapy, have difficulties to change their habits.
- Patients with progressive chronic renal insufficiency and failing renal function.
- Patients with disease-related occupational problems or disability.
What does "Working together" mean?
- A highly qualified team of specialists, psychologists, dietologists and nutritionists, sport therapists and physiotherapists and nursing staff works together with the patient to develop an individual therapy concept.
- Combined treatment areas, taking into account the main disease, concomitant diseases, risk factors and patient-specific problems.
- Combined therapy: medical treatment of the disease, psychotherapy, physiotherapy, instructions on how to deal with the disease in everyday life and at work.
- The long-term benefits of rehabilitation are important to us, that is why we offer a free follow-up care.
Our therapy goals:
- Preservation and restoration of the quality of life
- Alleviating symptoms or their relief
- Prevention of sequelae
- Preservation of renal function
- Successful weight loss
- Psychological stabilization
- Retention of working life, remaining in employment
- Staying in your own home